Among alternative and integrative medical practitioners, leaky gut syndrome is well-understood and associated with a long list of diseases—both as the possible cause and as the dominant symptom.
Unfortunately, leaky gut is not a diagnosis, and conventional medical doctors often do not acknowledge the full range of health disorders associated with a permeable gut lining. This is bad news for those who are sick and unwilling to step outside the conventional medical paradigm.
However, the good news is that more and more unsatisfied patients are looking beyond their general medical practitioner and supporting safe, alternative forms of healthcare like acupuncture and Ayurveda, as well as integrated models of medicine.
Here are several signs that you may need to pay attention to to rule out digestive troubles:
1. Digestive issues such as gas, bloating, diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
2. Seasonal allergies or asthma.
3. Hormonal imbalances such as PMS or PCOS.
4. Diagnosis of an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, lupus, psoriasis, or celiac disease.
5. Diagnosis of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.
6. Mood and mind issues such as depression, anxiety, ADD or ADHD.
7. Skin issues such as acne, rosacea, or eczema.
8. Diagnosis of candida overgrowth.
Bonus: Food allergies or food intolerances.
If you have any or several of these symptoms, that are affecting you from day to day address them first before worrying about fat loss.
L-Glutamine is an amino acid that when introduced into your digestive tract will relieve many of these symptoms. There are several other solutions that can work, but you should work with your local practitioner to address these since each issue is unique.